The day after the Citizens’ Hearing at the UU Church in Burlington, the United States Air Force issued their revised Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) thus triggering a 45 day legal window for public comment that closes July 15th, 2013!!! Everyone MUST email Nicholas Germanos at the email address below and tell him why THE F-35’s SHOULD NOT BE BASED IN VERMONT. Please tell everyone you know: your kids, your spouse, family, neighbors, people you work with, and get them all to send emails as well! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL!! Click on the following link to email to Mr. Germanos at Langley AFB. [email protected]
Mailing address: (in case you can’t email)
Mr. Nicholas Germanos
129 Andrews Street, Suite 332
Langley AFB, VA 23665-2769
or email him at: [email protected]
Here is a recap of the most significant issues facing our Vermont communities from the proposed F35 basing:
· It will harm 1,500 of our children: physically, emotionally and cognitively
· It will lower home values of 4,000 households
· It will degrade and possibly destroy the quality of life of 8,000 people
· It will risk the lives of thousands of people because of a greater probability of crashes from an warplane with no established safety record
· It disproportionally negatively affects minorities and low-income people
· It will pollute our environment
· The AF says the F-35 will bring environmental harm to our communities
· The AF says that Burlington is NOT the environmentally preferred base
· Substantive errors were made in the scoring process
· Substantive errors were made in the Draft EIS
· There are many unanswered questions about the base selection process
For more information about the negative effects of the basing, please review the Talking Points section on this website.
Thank you for your courage and conviction in opposing this attack on our Vermont values of environmental stewardship, protection of our people, children and the Vermont quality of life.
Please help protect Vermont – act now to Save Our Skies from the F35s!
Ask your friends and family, whether they live in Vermont or not, to support you in opposing this proposed basing and to send in their comments. We desperately need as many voices of opposition as possible. The proponents have launched an amazingly expensive mail campaign offensive to drown out our voices, and we need your help to spread the word.
Act Now! DEADLINE: JULY 15, 2013